Monday, September 10, 2012

officially a growed up

Good Monday Morning to you!

 Things around the "R" house have been more of the same lately. Kenny and I are still waiting on God's timing for his job but we know that it will come at the perfect time.

 Yesterday our pastor again preached on God's promises using 2 Corinthians 1:20 "For no matter how may promises God has made, they are "yes" in Christ. And so through him the "amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God." It can be so easy for us to forget that God always keeps his promises. The promises he made in the old Testament were fulfilled in Christ and when we are in Christ God will see all his promises to fruition in us. Curtis used an illustration that I really liked, he said that often we can only see a few steps in front of us, and a few steps behind, so it may seem like we're always in the dark. However God sees the whole path and tells us to trust that He will bring us into the light. Definitely a word that I needed to hear yesterday for sure.

 As I was perusing through 2 Corinthians I found another verse that I had marked and definitely needed to hear:
 "therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. Four our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

It would be so easy for us to focus on the outward troubles, but I am so thankful that the Lord is leading Kenny and me and keeping us focused inward and upward.

 Meanwhile back at the homestead...

Work for me has been nuts lately, my awesome SLP took a job closer to "home" (and by home I mean where her heart is) so I've been managing trying to manage the full SLP caseload and the rest of my duties. Thankfully I work with awesome people and have had help for the most part so the balancing act is working. However I am looking forward to the start of my new SLP, and the start of my first CF-Supervisory experience :)
 But that's not why I titled this "officially a growed up"

 Later this morning I head out on my first official "business trip" since graduating. It's kind of weird to think about and I'm a little anxious but I know it'll be fun to experience a new city. This won't be the first time Kenny and I have been separated by work in our marriage, but usually it's been him going on youth trips and me holding down the fort. Thank goodness he and Ellie are besties these days. So that's why I feel "growed up".

In other news, Matt (my "little" brother) and I are participating in a 5k fun run for Aim at Melanoma in honor of our dad. It should be a good time, since I haven't really trained for this one and Matt has been working his patootie off getting ready to run his first 5k. Say a little prayer that I don't get showed up by my baby brother. I promise to post pictures from that event, should be quite memorable.

 Blessings to each of you and I hope you have a magnificent Monday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment