Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The trinity....

Today seemed like it would be a normal "day before a test" however I got some news about 30 minutes ago that totally rocked my world.

When I was a freshman at Baylor I met a girl named Jess. She and I quickly became friends, due to our love of "people watching" and the discussion of the foolishness we saw. She would sit on the bench outside memorial and smoke and when I wanted a study break I'd sit with her and enjoy the company. I always knew I could count on her for a good bit of gossip or sound advice.

After freshman year Jess transferred out of Baylor and we lost touch quickly. I saw her once when she came back for a visit and sadly couldn't make it to her baby shower when she was due this past year.

I got a text message from Brandon earlier tonight asking me if I had heard that Jess died and I thought it was a joke. Being the nerd that I am I googled it and I found this link:


My sweet friend did indeed pass away.

I will always remember the great conversations with Jess and Brandon...we often called ourselves the "Trinity" since we were usually found together.

I still can't believe that Jess is gone. I know her family has got to be hurting, and that her little girl will surely miss her, but I am glad that Jess left a legacy with her friends and definitely for little Adela.This is a picture of us at the "smoking bench" during freshman year.

Just goes to show how quickly life can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment